Whether you need a new website or simply need to refresh your existing website – we would like to work with you to achieve your business goals. We work with clients to take each website project from concept to completion. We predominantly build our client’s website using a content management system (CMS) called WordPress.
KEY FEATURES OF A SHIFT CTRL WEBSITE
We approach web design and development with the careful crafting skills of a master builder and the creative flair of a sculptor. The result is both beautiful and functional websites.
Liza Mann, Founding Director,
Shift CTRL Solutions (Pty) Ltd
You should consider the following web development factors when deciding what a new website needs to look like and how it should function:
- Who will be using your website?
- What kind of devices will your users predominantly be using?
- What is your goal for the site? Is it online sales, brand awareness or sales leads?
- How do you intend to make sure you achieve those goals?
- Will you be advertising online or simply relying on SEO?
- Do you want to manage your site yourself or do you want us to do it for you?
When a web designer or web developer create a website it should meet many technical criteria which are not limited to the following but should at the very least include:
- It is developed to be mobile friendly
- It is designed to be responsive
- The website is secure and brute force attacks aren’t possible
- Frequent backups are made
- Good Pagespeed scores are achieved for both mobile & desktop
- The site is technically constructed ready for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
What information do I need to provide?
The amount of time and energy involved for every website differs somewhat but the general requirements are laid out for you in detail on this page.
You will need to provide the basic information about your products or services as well as all available images. We will then work our magic on your information to generate full website copy and web optimised images.
What is hosting?
Hosting is the technical infrastructure that enables your domain to display to the people that visit it. You usually pay a monthly fee to an internet hosting provider and an annual domain registration fee. In return, you then get a place on a server where your website is ‘hosted’ or stored. You will also get as many email addresses as you need that say email@example.com.
If you don’t have hosting or a domain set up, don’t worry about it – we can take care of it for you at a nominal charge (You will see it is the last step in the website quote generator).
NOTE: If you have a large brand and domain that receives large amounts of traffic it may require a customised solution. Please contact us that we can discuss your needs in more details.
What is a domain?
Domains are your own personalised addresses on the internet. It is also the address you type into your browser to go to a website. Ours is www.shiftctrl.com
If you don’t have your own domain yet, don’t worry we can help register your domain and find an appropriate hosting package.
Note that domains have an annual registration fee and are registered internationally. Domains ending on .co.za are generally a little cheaper than .com email addresses.
There are now also fancy endings available to domains such as .io .mobile .law .photo (The list is endless) but it is important to note that there is not a standardised pricing available for these and they are generally significantly more expensive – up to R1100 per year)
Will my website work on a phone or tablet?
Absolutely, all our websites work on desktop computers, tablets, and phones. Note that we do not develop separate websites for the mobile web but we simply develop our websites responsively which means that they adapt based on the device they are displayed on.
You can have a look at our portfolio of work to see some of our sites in action. Remember to also look at them from your phone and tablet.
What is SEO and will my website be compliant?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation. It means that websites are built according to certain rules and regulations that ensure they are compliant with the big Search Engines (Google & Bing) and show up in searches correctly.
It is important that you provide us with as much as possible accurate information about your products and services. That enables us to select focus keywords for your pages and makes sure that you end up on the first page of Google.
You can read more about Search Appearance here.
What if I need to make changes to my website later?
No problem! We offer one of two solutions to clients if you need to make changes after it has gone live.
- Small changes such as typos, spelling errors or grammatical errors are fixed free of charge.
- We can do it for you. We charge R350 per hour and provide detailed time logs for every hour billed.
- You can do it yourself. We provide clients with back-end access to their websites. For tech savvy clients this offers great options in terms of maintaining their sites. For clients who aren’t tech savvy we strongly recommend rather letting us help – it’s usually quicker and cheaper at the end of the day.